Search This Blog

Friday, January 30, 2009

All is not lost amongst young Catholics

I've been depressed with the coronation of Nobama, but I just read the following comment posted by a young Catholic over at http://www.lucianne.com/. [Lucianne is a conservative website, wherein readers post a short snippet (plus link to larger story) of news items of general interest to conservatives.

Here is the quote:

"I am a product of 1990's era Catholic schooling. My religion classes focused less on God and The Church and more on diversity, understanding other religions and social justice. It backfired. I, like MANY of my friends, got sick of listening to a bunch of old hippies tell us to apologize for being Catholic and to see the world with some moral relativism. Liberal baby boomers did this and frankly, I resent it. I get it, my young Catholic friends get it. The Pope gets it. It is time that we take back The Church from the liberal boomer hijackers that have done everything to try and ruin it. "

This was comment #17 in this thread.

The comment was in response to The Philadelphia Bulletin story wherein Archbishop Raymond Burke laid into the USCCB for their half***ed "Forming consciences forFaithful Citizenship" guide issued last year before the Nobama victory, which gave all the good-for-bupkis liberal wing of the church wiggle room to vote for him. I'd commented at the time that I thought this handout was a waste.

3 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

very true, my conversion from Liberalism is a constant process.

gemoftheocean said...

All of the eggshells will eventually fall off! ;-D

Anonymous said...

I was listening to Michael Voris tonight and he was talking about how the faith was simply ripped away from our generation (I'm 44). He talks of banners and sticky glitter replacing the Truth.
Many of us have finally come back Home-mainly thanks to you lot that side of the pond with your MP3s and Podcasts and EWTN and blogs.
The tide is turning, slowly, oh so slowly, but it turns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...