Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch


Yes. I know the holidays are coming and everything. But I just can't STAND how dark it is this time of year. Today: Sunrise - 6:26, Sunset 4:43 AND IT ONLY GETS WORSE. 2 months more of this **** until it gets better! [I know, I know, my UK readers are getting about an hour, 45 less than I am, and my Aussie readers are saying "are you NUTS? It's GREAT out here...."]

I guess that's the solution move way south of the equator November through March, and to northern latitudes the rest of the year. "Studies" always blame the holidays on the high suicide rate. I bet it would be even higher without them!!! No wonder the church grabbed those heathen holidays and replaced them with holidays of our own.

Get up, go to work, it's barely light. Knock off work, it's DARK already.

[Where's that sign my mom had made up for me in college? The wooden sign that normally has something over the mailbox like "The Johnsons." Mine has "Bitch, Bitch, Bitch" on it.]

9 comments:

Therese said...

If you need a holiday Karen, you can come and stay with us for the next three months.

Mulier Fortis said...

"Studies" always blame the holidays on the high suicide rate.

Strange.

I thought the holidays were to celebrate Christmas, I didn't realise we have all those suicides to thank...

;-)

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Oh I know how you feel about the dark Karen. November is the pits! However I thought it was sunny in your neck of the woods! I think we're all emigrating to Australia! lol

Re suicides I think Christmas is a peak time for some poor souls..

Therese said...

lol Jackie,

You can come and stay with me too for three months.

I have heard (but don't know if it is true or not that depression is much more common in the winter months world wide. For you guys it corresponds with Christmas but for us it is in June, July and August.

The Digital Hairshirt said...

Karen, you can come up here and sit with the DigiHusband under his OTT light. He too HATES the dark.

PJA said...

When I saw the title of this post pop up, my first thought was: What's Nancy Pelosi done now! ;-)

gemoftheocean said...

Thanks all. Therese, thanks for you kind offer. Just having the offer makes me feel better!!! Just find me a kangaroo to snuggle up against and I'll be fine! [They don't have fleas do they? :-D ]

Philip, Nancy or Hillary.

Jackie: Hey, at least we haven't reached "suicide pact" yet!

Digi: We probably wouldn't be happy about the amount of light vs dark even if we lived on the equator.

Anonymous said...

My 5 year old has been asking why is it dark all the time?
Karen you need a good fire and a hot choc.
God bless

gemoftheocean said...

mum:

A winning lottery ticket wouldn't hurt either! [the why is it so dark? bit is a good place to show how the earth tilts...]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...