Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2008

Start Saving blogs you like

-- don't ask -- just DO IT. One you like may be gone before you know it. NO, NOT this one. It's already too late for TWO of them now. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Did I say DAMMIT?

Oh, and just for good measure: DAMMIT.

This is what happens when you're sick for two weeks. Just when you start to feel better.....

And please, if you feel the urge to delete your whole freakin' blog: Just DON'T. Okay? Just DON'T DO IT. Go on hiatus. Go take a trip to the himmalayas. Go look up how to spell himmalayas. Catch a tuna, way out in Laguna. Go bake a cake. Go fly a kite. Go shoot clay pigeons. Turn a car over and set it on fire. Get in touch with your inner destructive forces by burning an Obama campaign sign. Or an ACORN office. Just don't delete your whole blog and screw up everyone's links. And especially don't lose all that great work.

Just DAMMIT.

13 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Good point!

gemoftheocean said...

Geez, you can't trust anybody....

madame evangelista said...

Was this South Ashford Priest? It's a bit of a coincidence that 2 priests have deleted their blogs entirely.

madame evangelista said...

Actually, come to think of it, were they both in the same diocese?

Therese said...

don't worry Karen, I won't be disappearing any time soon.

so sorry a blog you liked got deleted.

gemoftheocean said...

ME: yes.

I hate the death of any blog. It's like blog suicide.

I just can't see why one would be so destructive of one's own work.

It's like creating a book and destroying the only copy Hiatus I can understand - but outright destruction?

gemoftheocean said...

And it drives me nuts to read a certain blog. X and his 80 billion psychophants.

deb said...

I'm sorry that a blog you like is gone. Although I admit, I did enjoy the fact that you gave me permission to overturn a car and set it one fire. Whoopee!

Adrienne said...

That deleting thing has me puzzled. Are they worried someone will highjack thier site. Or is it the other way around? If you delete it someone could start it up using the same name....

gemoftheocean said...

Deb, you're welcome. Feel the power, "Burn, baby, burn!!!"

Why should the Mohammedans have all the fun?

Adrienne - yeah, I dropped him a "WTF" email, and he's been nice enough to reply. Seems he just wants to concentrate on parish work for now. [Yes, but Fr. DUDE!!! It's like there's this great book out there and you destroyed the only copy.] And I think there IS a danger of someone hijacking the name if you don't do it write.

Now Mark in Scotland is also threatening to delete his blog come Jan. WTF. What the hell did they put in the water in the UK lately?

I'm going to advise our young parishioner to only drink beer when she's over there lest she destroy her nascent blog wordswordswords1 while she's over there.

Rebecca Frech said...

I promise not to go anywhere, Karen. Now calm down a minute and just breathe....

gemoftheocean said...

Thanks, mom. Got any chocolate chip cookies? :-D

.The Cellarer said...

My thoughts on the blog crunch are here

http://how-the-west-was-lost.blogspot.com/2008/10/blog-crunch.html

Am I right in thinking you would oppose a merger to 'What does the Gem of the Ocean really say!'

I keep trying to get fellow Scot, Mark, to reconsider, but he's having none of it. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...