Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You can call me "honey" any time!!!


Really. :-D When I was getting some new tires (and parting with $$$$ I didn't particularly care to part with but had to) I waltzed over to a nearby liquor store to grab some Coke to nurse while waiting. The clerk reminded me "put in your pin number, honey" because I was using my ATM card and in such a daze I forgot to. Made my day. Now I know when you're in the board room and unless you're the gofer "honey do" doesn't go over very well. BUT when I'm in this sort of situation and down in the dumps, especially, you can call me "honey" anytime. Really.

7 comments:

Mairin :o) said...

Ok honey! I was called 'precious' when I was in TX at a farmer's market. I was just tickled by that so I know what you mean.

I hope you are feeling better.

gemoftheocean said...

oh, "precious" is even better. [I lived in Va. for 2.5 years in the mid sixties.] The one you don't want to hear is "well, bless your little heart" which usually means "drop dead." ;-D and yes, now that I've got the tires back on I'm feeling much better.

Stephen said...

Where my Mum comes from (Nottingham), the local vernacular equivalent of 'honey' is 'duck' - or rather, 'my duck', which in the local accent comes out as 'me duck.' People who aren't used to it find it startling. I have one friend here who calls her husband 'honey' (or rather, 'hon'), and I have to say it sounds really odd in a Lancashire accent.

Therese said...

I call lots of people honey. Maybe I will start calling my children precious. I think my boys would hate that so much.

Joe said...

The equivalent in east London (UK)is "darling". With all the arguments about its appropriateness as well ... In school, though, teachers do need to be a bit careful ...

Anonymous said...

I call Stella, "precious" cause she is MY precious!

One of my co-workers always says, "well bless your heart." It drives me CRAZY!

gemoftheocean said...

Aussie T. Annoy your kids NOW. They will annoy you just as you are starting to go through menopause, they will be taking their driving tests. Don't tell me God doesn't have a sense of humor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...