Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

95% of the day was good. (Except for the flat tire bit, I'll finish dealing with that tomorrow.)



The powers that be outdid themselves more than usual this year. I served the evening 5:15 Mass and helped with Communion. Honestly, it was like sitting/standing in a field of lilies from my vantage point.


My church is in Old Town in San Diego, and is named after the patron saint of the United States. [And yes, I'm being slightly cryptic, I like to fly under the radar.] The pastor emeritus had the Mass, Fr. Tom P. -- Father Tom was also the first priest I ever served Mass for, back in '75 early in my college days. [And all you young girls serving Mass now can call me a pioneer woman for blazing the trail for you - and you can thank Fr. Tom as well. There WOULD have been a nice pic of Fr. Tom and me here BUT the person who took it must have jerked her hand just as she took it, oh, well.]

The side niches were also decorated nicely too. I hope everyone had as wonderful a Lenten Season and Easter Triduum as I had. Below is some video I took after everyone left. Might be a little dark but it was about 6:40 or so, and I just used all available light.

3 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Hope you had a great Easter...my not so great Easter in Liturgical Hell is documented for all to see.

gman59 said...

Happy Easter to you. Thanks for sharing your extremely beautiful church.
I love the older churches, the new ones seem and feel like office buildings or auditoriums. This certainly is an extremely beautiful church.
Take care.

gemoftheocean said...

Gman and Joe, meant to say thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...