Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Forget Missal? No problem! New way to follow Latin Propers

Well, DUH. I was in a hurry this morning and forgot to stash my missal in my computer case as per usual. It was "Ember Friday" today, so that's why the purple. I knew I could borrow a Latin/English Sunday Mass common missal to follow the ordinary of the Mass, but I would have been dissapointed not to be able to follow the propers.



But hey, no worries. The Amazing Fr. G. didn't notice I'd found a newfangled way to read those ancient proper., even though he sailed by me after he'd heard confession to go vest for Mass.







So if you're ever stuck or want a reference, you can download the whole thing, here.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Unfortunately it doesn't have the propers, but I recently discovered a neat app for iPod/iPhone called iPieta. It has the ordinary for the Latin Mass (as well as scores of other prayers, chaplets and litanies); both the EF and OF liturgical calendars, with access to the day's readings, for every year up to 2050; the complete Douay-Rheims and Latin Vulgate Bibles; a collection of classic Catholic doctrinal and spiritual writing including the Summa Theologica, the Baltimore and Trent catechisms, Introdution to the Devout Life, Imitation of Christ, etc

For the Bibles and certain prayers you can toggle your screen to read English only, Latin only, or English and Latin side by side.

And all this for $2.99.

Tracy said...

great idea!!

gemoftheocean said...

Thanks for visiting Nancy and Tracey. Nancy, you might want to tell readers how to get to the app you mentioned. I don't have ipod, but sI'm sure this would be of interest to some of my other readers.

Nancy said...

You can get it from the ITunes store, just type in iPieta. A real bargain for a spiritual library in your hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...