Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2008

Bobby Kennedy - 40 years on


40 years ago, in the wee hours of July 5th, 1968, Bobby Kennedy was assassi-
nated, after he'd won the California primary.

In retrospect, it was one of the first acts of Arab terrorism in the US. Bobby supported the state of Israel, and his assassin was a prototypical radical. There are a handful of events in my life where I can remember exactly where I was and what the day was like when I heard "the news."

This is one I remember like it was yesterday. I can even remember the detail that the young busboy had put his own rosary in RFK's right hand. (Barely discernible here.) How many busboy's today would carry such a thing?

RIP, Bobby.

2 comments:

On the side of the angels said...

um, Karen... they've performed forensic analysis on the assassination - but if I told you anything about it it might distort your open attitude to it all - I'd suggest you research and discern for yourself - but be prepared.

ignorant redneck said...

Well, I don't get to upset about political assassination.

Heinlein once put into the mind of a charecter, who is a political bigwig, the thought that he was disturbed by the lack of assasination attempts. Not that he was alive, but that people had become that indifferent.

We're spoiled here, in America.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...