Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

How American Teenagers Show the love


... for their friends.

Yes, ladies and gentle-
men, a very popular teenager lives in this house. Do I know these people from Adam? No, but they live a few blocks away, and by the "festooned" yard, I can tell that yes, indeed, a very popular kid lives here. You see, in the USA, if your friends REALLY like you, and you're not around, and they have "nothing better to do" they TP ("toilet paper") your house. Parents don't get too mad, because by this sign of affection, they know their kid is popular in school.

I do not know how foreign exchange students take this, if they are so "honored" -- I expect it might be hard to explain the phenomenon to someone who lives in Outer Mongolia "honey, your classmates must really like you -- you have ARRIVED."

Maybe back when Jesus was a "yuth" friends would "decorate" with lamb entrails or the like, them not having toilet paper.

I could just see the Holy Family:

Joseph: That's the FIFTH time this month!!!!! Why are you so POPULAR?

Jesus: Heck if I know, of course I did change a few gallons of water into beer for the beer bust last week.

Joseph: BEER? Since when do you drink beer? Wine's not GOOD enough for your lot? Why can't you make something useful that your mother and I could drink, like wine? You know your mother doesn't like beer.

Jesus: That's a thought, I'll work on it.

Mary: Son, can you try some Chianti? You know I love that stuff.

Jesus: Wilco, mom, you know I'd do anything for you, being the perfect Son and following the law perfectly, and given I follow the 4th commandment, of course I'll make you wine whenever you want.

Mary: DO that...our family has a lot of weddings coming up, what with the cousins and all.

Jesus: Mom, anytime, and if I forget, you remind me, okay?

Mary: You betcha. I'll hold you to it!
.

9 comments:

ArchAngel's Advocate said...

Do you think Jesus called Himself "the little ole wine maker, ME!"?

Stephen said...

The USA doesn't have any direct equivalent of an ASBO, does it?

ArchAngel's Advocate said...

BTW That isn't a very impressive TP job, maybe 3 rolls max. We had a TP job on our house when I was a kid where they must have used a crate load (it looked like a snowstorm had hit So. Cal.)

gemoftheocean said...

Stephen, trust me, the police would turn a blind eye in these cases, it wouldn't even count as vandalism! The police having been high school "yuths" at one point in their own lives!

AA: that would be anachronistic!

gemoftheocean said...

oh, and also AA; I saw it early in the morning on the way to work, there was more TP - I only got the shot in the late afternoon.

And you're right, I expect had there been more trees and shrubs closer to a crate would have been used!

ArchAngel's Advocate said...

As God Christ is timeless, so nothing pertaining to Him would be an anachronism... LOL!

ArchAngel's Advocate said...

I looked for him on video, but all I could find was this picture. Turns out Jim Backus (Gilligan's Island, Mr. Magoo) did the famouse line "Little Ol' Wine Maker, Me".

gemoftheocean said...

AA: Point taken on the anachronisms! Jeez, how could I have brain lapsed and forgotten He stands "outside of time?!"

I didn't know Jim B. was the voice of the little old winemaker guy. Although it doesn't surprise me.

I liked his part as the drunk pilot in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad world.

"Here, take over while I go mix some Martinis" or whatever he said to Buddy Hackett!

X said...

Gem, can you do a conversation between Oprah and Obama where they have just given each other Christmas presents (make it like they just gave each other that stupid book "The Secret") LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...