First Fr. Erik said that if "you loved Jesus" you should do this blog. Then Angela Messenger at her new website tagged everyone with a vowel in his/her name ... so ... herewith more about me that you didn't especially want to know. But, as you've probably figured out, I'm a sucker for these things anyway, so I didn't need much coaxing.
1. Do you wear a name tag at work? HELL, no.
2. What kind of car do you drive? Mine is also green and has 4 wheels. There seems to be a lot of that going around You can see a picture of it here.
3. What do you order when you go to Taco Bell? Seldom go there, as there's a bombing 24/7/365 one-of-a-kind Mexican food drive through not far from my house.
I was going to blog about that soon, but I decided it would be a fun picture to use here.
4. Have you ever had a garage sale? No.
5. What color is your iPod? Nope. No iPod. I only got a microwave this Christmas and held out on the cell phone to last year. I'm not a Luddite or anything, having worked in computer programming for 17 years. It's. Just. That. I. Don't. Need. *Everything* Right. Away.
6. What kind of dog do you have? No doggie currently. My last was an English Springer Spaniel, Maggie, named after Margaret Thatcher and Princess Margaret. In the past I jointly owned a beagle, Mr. Mike (first dog), a Heinz 57, Taffy, and an Irish Setter, Brian (dumber than a post, but gorgeous.)
7. What's for dinner tonight? Like I can think that far ahead? It will be whatever strikes me.
8. What is the last alcoholic beverage you had? I don't know if you can count the Communion Wine. Other than that a shot of whiskey, Seagram's 7 at New Years at midnight.
9. Stupidest thing you ever did with your cell phone? Nothing. Yet. Give me time.
10. Last time you were sick? Last week. You don't want to know.
11. How long is your hair? For the moment almost shoulder length. I had it way overly long for a while, and cut it about 6 weeks ago.
12. Are you happy right now? I'm STRESSED OUT right now.
13. What did you say last? To anyone? "See you next week." To the saintly Father S. as we were leaving Mass, haven't spoken to anyone since. Oh, I've uttered snatches of song here and there, just haven't come face to face with anyone yet today.
14. Who came over last? The Fire Department. They agree with me my neighbor has his head up his a$$. Don't go there with me.
15. Do you drink beer? When the occasion calls for it. Not often, but about 5 times a year I get into a *I could REALLY use a beer right now." mood. St. Pauli's girl or Budweiser, or if my friend Jim has some Heiffewieseen or however you spell it, I'm game.
16. Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted? No siblings. So I missed all that along with the "would you stop touching me. Mom, make her stop looking at me" stuff.
17. What is your favorite key chain on your keys? Okay, I'm a jerk. No doo-dad, but just a bigass ring.
18. What did you get for graduation? College graduation - a thousand smackers to add to my Grand Tour of Europe slush fund which I later took with my college best friend and her big sister that August of 78.
19. What's in your pocket? Wallet, Olympus WS300 recorder, and 53 cents and a crumbled up dollar I should have known better to put in my wallet but didn't.
20. Who introduced you to Dane Cook? Who?
21. Has someone ever made you a Build-A-Bear? What's a Build-A-Bear? Already I feel cheated!
22. What DVD is in your DVD player? Niente d'affato. That's Italian for BUPKIS. My computer DVD player anyway. The DVD player attached to the TV has.... wait a minute while I go look ... OH. Richard Burton's Hamlet performance. The one he did on Broadway in the early 60s. I've been affecting a low-brow air with this blog. Don't tell anyone. I don't want you to blow my cover. It will be our little secret, okay?
23. What's something fun you did today? The post I did re: Father Blake's dancing girls. I thought I was going "dry" there for that first week in January.
24. Who is/was the principal of your high school? Soph. Year. Fr. William Cornelison, who defected to get married the summer of '72. No kidding. (It was the early 70s, my RELIGION teacher also defected - same thing, to marry the nun who was head of the high school religion department. Is it any wonder my generation is so "confused?" The next two years we got MISTER Dennis Hart. No more shennanigans, thank you very much. "At least" both priests were heterosexual for sure ... God only knows what some of them would be running away to get "married" with today. So at least we were spared that trauma.
25. Has your house ever been TP'd? No. Although I was a kid that got along pretty well with everyone, I was never popular to *that* degree! [I guess one trying aspect to explain to a Mongolian immigrant who spent his early years in a yurt is why popular kids would be the target of getting their house TP'd. It's an American thang I expect. Maybe the Mongolian equivalent is putting acutal buffalo dung on the roof. I can just see HIS mom and dad, "get that **** off the roof" would be literal!]]
26.What do you think of when you hear the word "meow"? Who's harboring CATS around here?!
27. What are you listening to right now? Pretty Little Picture ♫ from A FUNNY Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum. [OCR w/Nathan Lane] To cap the normal "triplets" a la many lyricists, Sondheim did some nifty ones, the line"The sand and the sea and the stars in the sky and soft little satisfied sigh" comes just after the snippet following the link. (From now on any time you see a link iwht the little musical note/notes, know it's a 30 second sound clips. Loads quickly, even for duffers like me with dial up.)
28. Drinking? Last drank a can of RC Cola. I was in a nostalgic mood and got some. When I was a kid my dad worked for Royal Crown Cola for quite a number of years. I was twelve or so before I drank an actual Coke. Out of loyalty. Dad was impressed! ]I drank other soft drinks, particularly A-Treat, *the* specialty of Lehigh County, Pa. - just not Coke.]
29. What is your favorite aisle at Wal-Mart? Don't go often, but I suppose the DVD stuff. Never know when you're going to see something good amongst all the dreck.
30. When is your mom's birthday? August 4th.
31. When is your birthday? My aunt used to call me "The Last Rose of Summer." Sept. 18th.
32. What's the area code for your cell phone? 619
33. Where did you buy the shirt you're wearing now? Not wearing one! [But I DO have a sweatshirt on. Black mitt neon windex blue letteringer saying "The Laguna Playhouse," with two artsy fartsy art deco purple stick figure dancers. It's "spiffy." Yes. I bought it myself for theatre blacks. The perfect light weight sweatshirt. Goes nicely with the black T-shirt I have with the black lettering that says on the front "It's a theatre thing" and on the back "you wouldn't understand."
34. Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror? NO!
35. How many states in the US have you been to? Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, (how the hell I managed to miss South Carolina I don't know but it really ticks me off because it's the only state on the eastern seaboard I haven't been to), Georgia, Tennessee (a little itty bitty corner of it anyway), Floriduh, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana (don't tell anyone, I spent a year there one month), Michigan, Illinois (technically only O'Hare, but I've been through there SO many times I have to count it), Missouri, Kansas, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii. Before I die I want to "collect the whole set." Except, possibly, Arkansas, because it might be fun to leave one out. So far 33 in all.
36. What kind of milk do you drink? Hate milk. Always have. A "dark day" from age two was when I turned my glass upsidedown as a "no thank you" which I had seen adults do when the waitress would come over with coffee in a restaurant. How was I to know that it wasn't done if your mother was POISED to pour you the drink with the milk just over the glass, and turned to your dad to answer a question? Fade to black.... If I DO consume any, it's in a vanilla or chocolate Jello pudding or EGGNOG, which totally rocks.
37. What are you going to do after this? I owe, I owe, its off to work I go....
38. Who was the last person you went shopping with? Couldn't you ask something easier? Like "Who put the dexadrine in Mrs. Murphy's ovaltine? ♫" I HATE shopping. I am loathe to do it in a group endeavour unless by accident. I think the LAST accident last year before Christmas when a friend, her mom and I had gone to see a movie, and afterwards they did a quick run in to Bed, Bath and Beyond. And then it was just "in and out."
39. What is your favorite fruit? Apples.
40. What about your favorite dessert? Cherries Jubilee. But as that happens soooo infrequently: as of late Creme Brulee. [I don't feel like looking up the unicode for the fancy schmansy accent aigue.] OR white cake with white BUTTER CREME frosting. [Take that whipped creme stuff and throw it away, it doesn't belong on cake.]
41. What is something you need to go shopping for? As soon as I get some extra bucks I'm going to throw out every stitch of ratty old underwearout and get ALL NEW THINGS. Or is that TMI?
42. Do you have the same name as one of your relatives? Negatory.
43. What kind of car does one of your siblings drive? No siblings. But if HAD any, they probably wouldn't be driving any weeny little cars because I'd be mercilessly giving them crap over it.
44. Do you like pickles? Bigtime. Salt is My F*R*I*E*N*D.
45. How about olives? Yes, when I'm feeling in need of a spree I go get the ones stuffed with Blue Cheese.
46. What is your favorite kind of gum? None.
47. What is your favorite kind of juice? Apple cider.
48. Do you have any tan lines? I live in California, I have them whether I want them or not. Which is just as well because I have that pale European skin coloring that in my case would be positively ghost like otherwise. I try and not get too much sun to avoid "that leathery look" but have a bit of year round what the French would call "an agricultural tan" a little more on my left forearm as that's the one that rests on the open window when I'm driving if I'm in a "free spirit who needs AC and to worry about getting grit in a contact lenses?" kind of mood.
49. What hospital were you born in? Sacred Heart, Allentown, Pa. ... which gives me the idea for a blog entry maybe later this week if I can find the right bumph. [Which is a British term for "paper" I wish they'd adopt over here.]
Considered yourself tagged if you love Jesus, have a vowel in your first name, AND don't mind like making an ass of yourself by being honest about the questions.