Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Go to Hell Pants

Go2Hell Glory
What can I say? I'm a tra-
dition-
alist! Now there may be finer moments of sartorial excitement - getting ready for one's wedding day, donning papal robes for the first time - you get the picture. But nothing says: "I am in a good mood right now, and if you disturb the good vibes I am sending out right now by bothering me with anything more complicated than a chi-chi or mai-tai, you have GOT to be kidding me. It must be 5 o'clock somewhere, and wherever that somewhere is, I am there, NOW, in spirit." Women can get away with these prints more than a man (poor things) but every well dressed man has at least one pair of go2hell golf pants. Typically go2hell plaid or go2hell alligator print.

I can't decide to wear them with go2hell lime green, go2hell yellow (I don't look good in yellow - so that's probably out) or go2hell fuschia, or go2hell pink. I suppose I could throw the lime green linen shirt in the wash, and it will be ready by the time I have to go to Mass. [No worries, an alb goes over the ensemble for Mass.] Being "the season" if I run into the pastor, he will have knocked off for the day, and it's a 50-50 shot he will have on go2Hell Hawaiian. The celebrant, will be stuck with showing up in his blacks.

I've often wondered if the pope has lounging around clothing. That must be one of the things NOT fun about being pope. There have to be times you just want to get in the car and go down to the 7/11 for a slurpee, or whatever the Kraut equivalent of that is without a lot of hoo-ha. For all I know he may have a pair of go2hell boxers. Many moons ago when I was assisting with daily mass I was setting up the items for Mass and Fr. [uber Mick] M. walks into the sacristy. March 17th. Me: "Where's your green?" He carefully looked around and gently tugged out the top band of his go2hell green boxers. Ha-ha. Given Benedict's penchant for red Prada shoes, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a pair of go2hell red boxers in the papal dresser drawer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do make me laugh!

gemoftheocean said...

Thanks, Jackie, I bet he has a whole drawer full of red boxers -- wouldn't it be a pain not to just be able to put some sun glasses and flipflops on and kick it on the garden roof with a Heinekin and some bratwurst?

BTW, our pastor, Fr. Mark, did NOT disappoint - he WAS wearing a Hawaiian shirt and long Bermuda shorts when I showed up. No sign of his golden lab, Seamus though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...