Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Especially for UKOK and anyone else who wants to hear my speaking voice

Here ya go. I thought I had a recording of me doing an Epistle somewhere, but it must have been these intentions. I always kept 'em "short and sweet" given The Sainted Father S's 23 minute sermons.



www.archive.org can be quite useful for sound file uploads.

(A while back Deb wanted to hear my voice, so here's the post. And to answer the unanswered questions: No, I've never smoked, except a couple stale Camel ciggies from a pack my father forgot about when I was 14 -- I might as well have eaten an ashtray, it cured me of any desire to look cool -- and yes, I would screw up the blended sound of any women's choir - my "break" note is middle "E" and I HATE my head voice, although I can do okay in the lower range. I can be heard above any pack of shrill female voices twittering for things in shops and get served first, so it has certain advantages.)

4 comments:

Therese said...

Oh I love American accents.

gemoftheocean said...

:-D I think mine is fairly neutral. you can tell where I'm NOT from...

Anonymous said...

How cool is it to hear your voice? Very cool indeed! You sound very authoritative and confident and self assured. There ain't no messing with you I bet!

I love your voice and every time i read your blog posts or comments in future i can imagine that you are speaking them because yours isn't a voice i will forget in a hurry (i mean that in a good way).

Fabulous dahling!

gemoftheocean said...

LOL! re: "a voice you don't forget" -- hence why I generally confess to a priest I don't know outside of confession! Easier for me to "dump" that way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...