See if you can name the song the lyrics below come from and the title of the musical theatre show the song came from. My dear friend Stephen F. will get all these in a heartbeat, so he's not allowed to play in the combox on this one -- except to answer (if he sees it) the "Expert" question. :-D He's allowed to kibbitz though.
Put the # and song title and/or show to any you know in the combox. It should be a collaborative effort. Let me know if they were too easy or too hard.
1. Christ you know I love you. Did you see I waved? I believe in you and God, so tell me that I'm saved.
2. At three I started Hebrew School, at ten I learned a trade.
3. And underneath her wimple she has curlers in her hair.
4. to see Thee more clearly, love Thee more dearly, follow Thee more nearly
5 Then it's off with the rum and the bibles. Take on the slaves, clink, clink.
6 Went to church, praying Santa Maria, send me guidance, send me guidance, pretty please .
7 Friends! The idle brain is the devil's playground.
8 When you go to get a word of advice from the fat little pastor he will tell you to love ever more .
9 ...but she was granted one more start, the convent of the Sacred Heart ...
10. - goodbye go and cry at another person's wake, if you're quick, for a kick, you can pick up a christening...
11. The devil's companions know not whom they serve - it might be instructive to observe
12. May I take this occasion to say: that the whole human race should go down on its knees, surely be grateful for mornings like these
Expert: (not a lyric, but a line from the libretto)
Where'd you play? The Vatican?