Search This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I now have an additional Blog

It's called "Bury Me Not On the Lone Prairie" -- Catholics, who are fond of history, particularly American History, may find this interesting. A lot of it, however, will be of interest to Catholics from other countries.

History has always been my favorite subject, one of my degrees is in European History (University of California, '78) and I've been learning a lot of things anew and reviewing a lot of what I've known about the church in this last year. In particular, have been exploring what a treasure trove the Latin Mass is. You won't have to know zip about the Latin Mass. I will, however, shortly include some sections/posts regards those who would like to know more about it, or how to follow such a Mass. I'll also give some good Latin resources to use, if you'd like to learn Latin, or know somoone who would.

The topics, by no means will be exclusively on the EF form of the Mass -- but you might find some useful information on the blog, concerning anything re: the spread of the faith in the US in particular, some quick "short and sweet" articles about the history of the faith (which are garnered from sources now out of copyright and print!), to items about "Fighting Fr. Duffy" and the like. This will with any luck achieve my aim of helping others find their way to exploring topics they may not have previously thought, or known to explore.

I'll also over the course of the year, unfold the liturgy. Not so much the modern Mass -- but I intend to note things like Calendar changes of saints, and perhaps eventually provide resources such as "what readings were done on such and such a day/liturgical cycle then as opposed to now."

At the time of this writing, I've only got two posts up(*), but more will follow shortly, as I've timed the kick off of this new blog to start at the beginning of this Advent season.

Here's a pointer to the blog's first post.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Karen
(*) I've since added a post on Delaware, so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about for content. [It's not yet complete, I've still some links to add in, but I've gotta eat Thanksgiving DINNER!!!]

1 comment:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Congrats on the new blog...I just got back with internet access I'll be sure to follow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...