Search This Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2008

More Stuff about me you probably don't want to know


But what the hey.... [ I saw this one over at UKOK so hat tip to her.]

What time is your alarm clock set to? Today it was set to 6:49 - I don't normally get up that early but I did today.

What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Face. Particularly the eyes. I like it if they "dance."


Do you think people talk about you behind your back? Dunno. I don't give a flip if they do or not. As long as what they say *isn't* the truth.


What movie do you know every line to? Ah....so many....Sound of Music, the Godfather I & II, Gone with the Wind...Patton....Holiday Inn


What is your favorite movie? Surprisingly ;-D the above ones.


Is anyone in love with you? God, if they are I wish they'd tell me.


Do you eat breakfast daily? Not usually, though I'm trying to change that pattern as I find I "Graze" less during the day when I do. Can't stand milk at all though, and cereal is the pits. I like either fruit and whatever or the classic eggs. I either have an egg-in-the-nest, or eggs scrambled up with jack or mozarella cheese and red onions and a little salt and pepper. Bacon is the bomb, but I've been laying off. I like the Danish butter, but lately the Irish cows who produce the Kerrygold Butter are my bestest friends. Would someone in Ireland please kiss those cows for me? I'm still loyal to my California cows for my cheese. But girls, your Irish cousins eat better grass than you do. [Chris, I am STOKED ... someone finally put up the Cow video we only saw the once!]


Do you sleep on your side, stomach or back? Usually side.


Who was the last person to make you mad? He shall go nameless, but he wears mostly black. And it isn't the sainted one.


Are you a lover or a fighter? Both


Are you a morning or evening person? Queen of the Night


Are you a cuddler? Yes, but don't tell anyone, you'll blow my cover.


Are you a perfectionist? About some things. My CD collection is in alphabetic order. I don't give a darn if I wear a different gray T-shirt every day of the week...and then not gray for a month, switching to red. I'm not a perfectionist about everything because frankly some things aren't worth taking the time to do spectacularly well. There's only so much time and I'd be more insufferable than I am if I was.


Have you ever written a poem? Yeah. But don't tell.


Do you have more guy or girl friends? A few more girl friends than guy friends, but I'm very selective about my women friends. IF they show any signs of not being able to talk about anything other than men they're borrrrringgggggg.... And my guy friends are all good talkers. Forget the "strong silent type." I want a guy who can quote Shakespeare and talk baseball statistics and one who can argue with me. ALL of the people I count as friends tend to be good at more than one thing. We don't have to have everything in common, but at least one interest. Usually we have a few interests in common. I tend to keep my friends for a long, long time. I can pretty much get along with most anyone though, partly a function of my personality, partly as a function of being an "only" [if you want friends, you don't have built in ones!], and partly from having moved around a lot as a kid.


How many tickets have you gotten? Not any for 13 years...and I got THREE in ***king New ***king Jersey within 24 hours. Well, technically I got two and one "warning." The last one stopped me when I was going 80. He said "what are you doing?" And I said "Trying to get the hell out of New Jersey." Got 2 when I was a teen, the California rolling stop variety. Oh, and one of those as an adult. Have never been stopped for speeding in Cali on the highway. Not once. Ever. I think that's the life time count unless I blocked some out.


Piercings? In each ear. I'm not a "girly-girl" but I am a girl, and not a hippy girl, so I don't have 40. Funny story about that. When I was twenty my best friend from college and I were in a mall. I was up for the weekend visiting her house (and nice enough NOT to bring my laundry as Phylis had brought all *her* laundry.) I looked at a May Company sign that said "free ear piercing today if you buy a pair of earrings." So I turned to Phylis and said "Hey, I've been wanting to do that." She said "me too...you first." So I did thinking "it can't be too bad, I'm the girl that can practically break an arm falling down and not cry and everyone says 'what a great girl, no tears'." So I go first. The lady marked the ears then went in for the kill. "****-**-**-tears!!!!" I thought...but I showed NO emotion, knowing if I did, then Phylis would be too chicken to follow through. So I then smiled and lied "nothing to it." The lady did the other one and I sucked it up and beamed. Phylis got in the chair ... and WHAM.... She looked at me and good Baptist girl she was said "daaammmmn you!!!" Phylis didn't mind swearing if she was *quoting* someone else...but that was one of the few times she swore of her own accord. "Why didn't you TELL me?" "because I knew you'd chicken out if I showed any pain." "damn right I would have." Her mother howled when she heard about it. "back in my day we used Ice cubes and needles."


Do you have a tattoo? No. And if I did I probably wouldn't tell you. Some time ago there was a young woman at my workplace who bent over and in the gap between her shirt and top of low slung jeans was in letters bigger than life "Doggy Style." Sheesh. WAYYYYY too much information. I felt like slapping her. "WTF were you thinking?" I saw another girl with flowers basically growing out of her butt. "Honey," I thought "you may think that's cute now when you're nineteen and weigh 115 pounds, but just wait for middle aged spread. It will look like your insides exploded." What are young girls thinking today? A butterfly on the ankle isn't a particularly good idea. The only tattoos that look "good to me" are American Eagles on service men's arms. Classic. But a battleship on a woman's chest doesn't look good. [Well, maybe to a GUY it would....I guess "twin 40s" would take on a different meaning.]


Are you patient? Get real! Actually, with children, and mentally disabled I am extremely patient. ... God help the adult I think is stupid if they can help not being stupid... I'm not talking about ignorant ... everyone is ignorant about some things ... I'm talking about "was out for a smoke when the good Lord handed out common sense."


Do you miss anyone right now? You bet. My mother, in particular. There's not a day that goes by that I don't miss her.


Tea or coffee? Tea. Iced or hot. Keep the milk away, and I need my own cane field. I don't like hot coffee at all. The only coffee I like at all is that stuff they put caramel or hazelnut in and freeze the hell out of and put a half pound of sugar in. I don't get it very often as it would break the bank. A cocaine habit would be cheaper.


Regularly burn incense? Are you kidding, me? That's not a "home" thing.... although I wish we used it every Sunday at Mass like the eastern rite does.


Ever been in love? IF I tell I wouldn't be a woman of mystery then, would I?


Best room for a fireplace? Den


What do you do when you’re sad or upset? Sad? Watch a movie or play music I like. Upset? Bitch and moan.

Afraid of heights? Nope. But when I'm up high I like an airplane around me.

Can you change the oil in your car? No!


Favorite flower? Double delight Rose. White petals with red edges. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL.


Favorite hangout? Home!


Middle name? Ann [My confirmation name is Therese, and I've used that too ever since I got it. It's on my Social Security card too. Ditto passport, and all the important stuff.]


Most romantic sounding language? English. Really. I don't know why other women find men speaking French sexy. To me the average Frenchman sounds "gay, gay, Liberace gay." Really. They better have a deep studly voice for that thought not to even cross my mind. Ditto Spanish. Thorry guyths. You all sound so "exthitable." No wonder you lose wars. HOWEVER, for some reason Italian guys speaking Italian just sounds "fun" and relaxed and stylish. I still love the sound of English best. I also like the sound of German and Russian. With Chinese and other Asian languages? I think they really just read each other's minds. Oh. One type of English accent that drives me crazy is anyone from the Indian subcontinent speaking English. Sorry guys. IF you want to sing-song, do it in some romance language.


Ever been overseas? Yeah. 7 times to Yurrup. The first time when I was 17. Ireland, England, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Vatican City, Monaco, France. I've also been to TJ too many times to count just across the border, but not in a couple years. I can only use so many boxes of chewing gum and drink so many tequillas. And I was to Expo '67 in Montreal when I wasn't quite 11. And I've been to Hawaii 8 or 9 times. I lost track. Kinda. I guess that counts as "overseas" because I had to go "overseas" to get there. Well, an ocean anyway. Oahu, Maui, Kauai, the Big Island and Molokai.

9 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

I know the Godfather and Sound of Music virtually by heart too!

gemoftheocean said...

I even know Max Detweiller's best lines: "I like rich people. I like the way they live, I like the way I live when I'm with them!!!"

And the Baroness's bitchiest: "I would have brought my harmonica."

Karen

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

perhaps you might do my caption contest over on my blog..Fr Tim & Fr Guy...

The Digital Hairshirt said...

Hmmm, I should do this meme later as I feel a need . . . a need . . . for SNARK!

Anonymous said...

tattooed flowers growing out of her butt....BWHAHHHHHHHHA!!!

:-)

And how tacky are those tats...gross.

gemoftheocean said...

Deb: I know. I wanted to ask her if she had parents or just came straight
from the test tube, but I stiffled. We weren't even talking discrete butterfly on the ankle. Though, of course some "kids" [i.e. "new adults = 18, but they think they know everything" go out and do all those things they were warned not to do the day they turn 18. Some people have to learn *everything* the hard way.

Vincenzo said...

"..or eggs scrambled up with jack or mozarella cheese and red onions and a little salt and pepper. Bacon is the bomb, but I've been laying off."

That sounds good now!

Anonymous said...

Ice and a needle--ouch! I had my ears pierced when I was about 40-ish, but I still only wear earrings occasionaly, but it was one instant pain in the mall, with two piercing guns--so the pain only lasted about ten seconds.

gemoftheocean said...

Vincenzo! Yeah, that's my go-to late night meal too.

And Tara, yeah, it's only painful for 10 seconds but the pain is still indescribable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...