Search This Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Update on the Sainted one


The Sainted Msgr. S. is getting sprung from the rehab center this Sunday. He is looking forward to playing "pirate" again. [Just kidding, the temporary patch is long gone.] I stopped by to see him today and he was showing off being able to walk up and down the halls with the aid of just a cane. He didn't say no to the piece of chocolate fudge I brought him either. I teasingly asked the notoriously un-social butterfly "Did you go to the luncheon in the garden today?" and he said "*how* long have you known me?"

The one good outcome to this is that he finally has a cell phone .... which I and others had urged him to get - me not a week before he fell...[see we toldja.] He'll be haunting Kentucky Fried Chicken before we know it - which is a darn good thing as he'd remarked that he was down to his weight in the seminary which was 130....if he jumped up and down on the scale a little. I think a few buckets of KFC and some more fudge are in order.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for the Sainted one's continued recovery!

gemoftheocean said...

Thanks! He seemed much improved yesterday even compared to the week before, as the infection has healed a lot.

WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

Glad he's getting better. Don't do him in with all that KFC though :0
God bless

gemoftheocean said...

No worries, WSN - he's always refused to eat the [US] biscuit that comes with the meal. "White rolls are death." He's a "two piece, original recipe, corn on the cob and wedge potatoes" man. No dessert. With tea.

The Digital Hairshirt said...

As I have told others before, at every Mass I pray my intentions when the priest lifts the Host and Cup at Consecration. Please know, Karen, in addition to being on the prayer list at St. Joe's, the sainted Msgr. S. will be my intention today at the 11:00 Mass.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...