Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fashion Forward Birth Control Device

-- just in time for Easter.

I'd put the following status up on my facebook page about an hour ago:

"Karen is wearing a BIRTH CONTROL DEVICE. Relax. Reading Glasses*. I could KILL all those eye docs from age 11 to 53 who NEVER mentioned "oh, for reading get a pair of +1.5 Off the Shelf reading glasses - you, being the nearsighted bat you are, your contacts are made so you can see far and not run into traffic so the rest of us are spared." Bassids. I can see the computer screen like a fricken EAGLE now."

Then I added the comment: "It's true, guys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses. Which is why I gave them up at 17."

Within an hour, I was proven wrong.

Some nice looking guy came up and asked if he could borrow my reading glasses so he could read an official "gubbmit doc" he'd got.

Parole:
"Hi, could I borrow your reading glasses. I can't read this." He puts them on and says "How do I look?"

Me: "A lot better than I probably do in them!"

He turns to me and says: "Hey, you're not so bad looking yourself!" We both laugh. He asks me to open the envelope for him as he has too short nails (no non-paraplegic male can't open up a letter.) He introduced himself as "Joel" and proffered his hand to shake, then says: "Hey, warm hands too"

Me: "They oughta be...they've been in my pocket!"

Sheesh, maybe if I'da kept the goggles I'd have 20 grandkids by now....always a bridesmaid, never a bride!

[* - 3 pairs including snazzy case for 15 bucks. CVS pharmacy. Get 'em while they're hot, hot, hot.]

3 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Whoever told you guys aren't attracted to girls in glasses lied their tails off...

gemoftheocean said...

Yeah, but I was brainy enough as it is without telegraphing it a mile away! ;-D

gemoftheocean said...

But then maybe the 7 pound "Complete works of William Shakespeare" gave the game away as it was.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...