Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2008

One question Jesus....

....yes, yes, I know that today's Gospel reading (Matthew 20:1-15) with the parable with the guys sitting on their duffs until almost the end of the day but gradually coming on board and getting with the program, we're supposed to cast ourselves as the ones who are late to the party but for whom the master pays as if we had worked the full day.

But who's going to show up for work the next day at the crack of dawn? Granted God's ways are not our ways, and that's a relief, because it's to our advantage. But I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that that was the last day of the job!

2 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Karen I nominate you for an award!

bobd said...

I know what I would do. And do do. I dutifully show up at 5 p.m. What could be easier?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...